Grange Primary School

Grow, Persevere, Succeed. Be the best you can be!

The Educational Psychologist

Sometimes we may seek support for a child from an Educational Psychologist (EP for short). The Educational Psychologist helps children who have problems with a range of issues such as learning, concentration , attention , social communication or interaction . They might also help children who have social or emotional problems.


The EP can contribute to the identification and assessment of a child's needs and recommend strategies and support arrangements which will enable the child to make progress . They sometimes provide in-service training for teachers and other staff in school.


Our current Educational Psychologist is: Katie Gibson working alongside Jennifer Gilling.